Sleep Better with Natural Therapies
Combining a wide range of drug-free therapeutic approaches, this book is a step-by-step guide to Peter Smith's unique, 100% natural sleep solution. It:
· Explains how sleep 'works' and the physical and psychological causes of insomnia.
· Offers practical advice about how to practice good sleep behaviours and switch on relaxation responses within the nervous system, including the revolutionary concept of 'virtual darkness'.
· Gives tips on getting the right dietary supplements for a good night's sleep and creating the right sleeping environment.
· Advises 'night owls' 'early birds' and 'free runners' about how to reset problematic sleep cycles.
· Provides guidelines for preventing jetlag.
'Sleep Better with Natural Therapies' combines psychological treatments, such as CBT, with physiological ones, such as adjusting the biological clock, and demonstrates that it is possible to retrain the mind and change your learned associations with sleep in just a matter of weeks. This is vital reading for anyone struggling with insomnia, problems with sleep cycles, or the effects of jet lag and will be of interest to complementary health practitioners and mental health professionals.
- 2014 Peter Smith
- Book Quality:
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Addition:
- Medicine, Nonfiction,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.