Become an expert in the innovative containerization tool to unlock new opportunities in the way you use and deploy software
About This Book
• Harness the power of Docker to create a robust and resilient environment in which you can generate portable, composable, scalable, and stable application containers
• Learn the art of container networking with elevated efficiency using Docker
• Better manage Docker containers using expert techniques and methods
• Explore the ways to keep your Docker environment secure
• Deploy your applications easily
Who This Book Is For
Whether you are a developer or a sysadmin, or anything in between, this course will give you the guidance you need to use Docker to build, test, and deploy your applications and make them easier, even enjoyable.
What You Will Learn
• Learn how to install Docker across all the platforms along with a few troubleshooting techniques
• Build, push, and publish images on Docker Hub
• Orchestrate multiple containers with Docker Compose
• Test and debug applications inside a Docker container
• Get to know the basics of networking and see how Docker networking works
• Discover the tools built into Docker to gain an insight into your container's performance
• Take advantage of the various SaaS offerings from third parties to move monitoring away from your local infrastructure and into the cloud
• Familiarize yourself with third-party tools such as Traffic Authorization, Summon, sVirt, and SELinux to secure your Docker environment
• Integrate Docker with a wide range of cloud and configuration tools to fully realize its potential
So hot off the presses, the latest buzz that has been on the tip of everyone's tongues and the topic of almost any conversation that includes containers these days is Docker! Docker has been a game-changer when it comes to virtualization. With this course, you will go from just being the person in the office who hears that buzz to the one who is tooting it around every day. This course will be a smooth journey covering Docker from scratch to finish!
The first module will help you get familiarized with the fundamentals of Docker. The second module will show you how to create, deploy, and manage a virtual network for connecting containers spanning single or multiple hosts.
In the third module, you'll get to grips with monitoring your Docker apps and containers - this will show you how monitoring containers and keeping a keen eye on the working of applications helps improve the overall performance of the applications that run on Docker. The purpose of our fourth module, Securing Docker, is to provide techniques and enhance your skills to secure Docker containers easily and efficiently. Finally, you'll see how to deploy Docker in production and three interesting GUI applications: Shipyard, Panamax, and Tutum.
Style and approach
Covering best practices to make sure you're confident with the basics, such as building, managing, and storing containers, before diving deeper into Docker security, you'll find everything you need to help you extend and integrate Docker in new and innovative ways.
- 2016 Packt Publishing
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.