The Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible, Volume 1
Revised edition. Volume 1 of 5. The Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible has been a classic Bible study resource for more than thirty years. Now thoroughly revised, this new five-volume edition provides up-to-date entries based on the latest scholarship. Beautiful full-color pictures supplement the text, which includes many new articles in addition to thorough updates and improvements of existing topics. Different viewpoints of scholarship permit a well-rounded perspective on significant issues relating to doctrines, themes, and biblical interpretation.
The goal remains the same: to provide pastors, teachers, students, and devoted Bible readers with a comprehensive and reliable library of information.
• More than 5,000 pages of vital information on Bible lands and people
• More than 7,500 articles alphabetically arranged for easy reference
• Hundreds of colorful maps, illustrations, charts, and graphs
• Scholarly articles ranging across the entire spectrum of theological and biblical topics, backed by the most current body of archaeological research
• Over 250 contributors from around the world
• Introductions to each book of the Bible
• Bibliographies and helpful cross-references
- 2009 Zondervan
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.