The purpose of this book is to give a basic understanding of rotor dynamics phenomena with the help of simple rotor models and subsequently, the modern analysis methods for real life rotor systems. This background will be helpful in the identification of rotor-bearing system parameters and its use in futuristic model-based condition monitoring and, fault diagnostics and prognostics. The book starts with introductory material for finite element methods and moves to linear and non-linear vibrations, continuous systems, vibration measurement techniques, signal processing and error analysis, general identification techniques in engineering systems, and MATLAB analysis of simple rotors.
• Covers both transfer matrix methods (TMM) and finite element methods (FEM)
• Discusses transverse and torsional vibrations
• Includes worked examples with simplicity of mathematical background and a modern numerical method approach
• Explores the concepts of instability analysis and dynamic balancing
• Provides a basic understanding of rotor dynamics phenomena with the help of simple rotor models including modern analysis methods for real life rotor systems.
- 2018 Taylor
- Book Quality:
- CRC Press
- Date of Addition:
- Nonfiction, Science, Technology,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.