Navigating the Medical Maze with a Child with Autism Spectrum Disorder
This comprehensive guide enables parents of children with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) to play an active and effective role in their child's medical care from diagnosis to early adulthood. With a focus on working with health care providers to ensure the best treatment for your child's unique needs, it includes:
- a description of the developmental and medical conditions faced by children with ASDs in lay terms
- an explanation of common diagnostic tests
- a presentation of conventional and alternative therapies and how they work
- tips for managing day-to-day medical or behavioral problems
- advice for parents considering enrolling their child in a research project
- and all the latest medical information.
This authoritative and accessible book provides parents of children with an ASD with the foundation of knowledge they need to become an active partner in the medical care of their child and the map that will allow them to navigate the complex medical world.
- 2014 Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.