Field Guide for the Identification of Damage on Woody Sentinel Plants
This book is a heavily-illustrated, internationally applicable, practical guide for the identification of likely causal agents of damage to trees and woody shrubs. It is intended for use in sentinel plantings - a new tool to identify pests in the country of origin, used to inform pest risk analysis and risk mitigation measures - where agents often may not be known and only damage visible.
Field Guide for the Identification of Damage on Woody Sentinel Plants:
- Aids the identification of the type of agent that may have caused observed damage, including pathogens, invertebrates and abiotic factors.
- Explains how to take and preserve samples and how to proceed to obtain a more definitive identification of pests.
- Includes a general damage chapter in addition to specific chapters on damage to leaves, buds and shoots, roots, trunk, and flowers, fruits and seeds.
- Contains 800 full colour, high quality photographs to aid analysis.
This is an essential guide for plant health professionals, including inspectors for plant protection organizations, foresters and nursery managers, in addition to students of forest entomology and pathology.
- 2017 CAB International
- Book Quality:
- Date of Addition:
- Nonfiction, Technology,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.