Mastering Docker - Second Edition
Unlock new opportunities using Docker's most advanced features.
About This Book
• Experience first- and third-party tools such as Docker Compose, Docker Machine, Portainer, and Rancher
• Learn how to leverage Kubernetes, Amazon ECS, and Docker Swarm and know when each solution is appropriate
• Discover how Docker can be integrated into your daily workflows
Who This Book Is For
If you are an I.T Professional and recognize Docker's importance for innovation in everything from system administration to web development, but aren't sure how to use it to its full potential, this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
• Become fluent in the basic components and concepts of Docker
• Secure your containers and files with Docker's security features
• Extend Docker and solve architectural problems using first- and third-party orchestration tools, service discovery, and plugins
• Leverage the Linux container virtualization paradigm by creating highly scalable applications
Docker has been a game-changer when it comes to how modern applications are deployed and architectured. It has now grown into a key driver of innovation beyond system administration, with an impact on the world of web development and more. But how can you make sure you're keeping up with the innovations it's driving
This book shows you how; it not only demonstrates how to use Docker more effectively, it also helps you rethink and reimagine what's possible with Docker.
You will also cover basic topics such as building, managing and storing images along with best practices to make you confident before delving more deeply into Docker security.
You'll find everything related to extending and integrating Docker in new and innovative ways. Docker Swarm and Docker Compose will help you take control of your containers in an efficient way.
By the end of the book, you will have a broad and detailed sense of exactly what's possible with Docker and how seamlessly it fits in with a range of other platforms and tools.
Style and approach
A clear, concise, and straightforward book to make you a Master in Docker by including topics such as extending and integrating Docker along with different Docker tools, in a way that's accessible and practical. This book has been created to help you put new ideas into practice, and to demonstrate precisely what's possible with Docker.
- 2017 Packt
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.